Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game studio with offices in Boston, MA and Austin, TX. We are focused on providing players with innovative gameplay, immersive worlds, and engaging narrative. Our specialty is what we call “player-authored” experience in the tradition of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector. In 2016, the company launched Underworld Overlord, one of the most highly rated Google Daydream VR games. Currently in development are System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant for PC and consoles.
What We Need
The OtherSide Entertainment Austin studio is looking for a Producer who is self-motivated and highly organized, with strong leadership and team-building/management skills. We seek someone who understands and can create and manage budgets and schedules, as well as establishing appropriate and effective game development processes. Familiarity and experience with major game development tracking tools, as well as game engines and middleware are essential. We seek a person who wants responsibility for shipping high-quality games on-time and on-budget and who is willing to be accountable for success or failure. Reports directly to Studio Director. Must be locally-based and/or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
- With the Studio Director and discipline leads, create processes and project plans that allow the team to produce a high-quality game on-time and on-budget.
- Ensure that the overall project creative vision, as determined in collaboration with the Creative Director and Game Director, is honored and delivered.
- With the Studio Director, develop and manage product budgets, resolving overages if or as they arise.
- With the Studio Director and publisher representatives, establish development priorities and milestone definitions.
- Build and maintain schedules to ensure successful and timely delivery of milestones.
- Oversee and manage the work of internal and external resources to meet schedule requirements. Organize the team and ensure all interim goals are met and milestones delivered.
- Identify and manage dependencies within and between disciplines.
- Oversee day-to-day task tracking.
- Communicate project status to Studio Director, publishing partners and other stakeholders on a regular basis, including progress on deliverables, as well as risks and problems (with proposed solutions).
- Facilitate intra-team communication across disciplines. Manage and act to prevent potential conflicts within the team and between the team/studio and external partners.
- Organize and run project meetings (kick off, planning, milestone reviews, bug reviews, etc.). Ensure that discussions are documented and action items are assigned and followed up on.
- Work with the QA Director to manage the testing process and relationship with QA teams.
- Work with publishing partners to ensure a smooth product release process.
- Other duties as assigned by studio and company management.
- 3+ years of experience in internal game development.
- Ability to function without significant direction – a self-starter comfortable wearing many hats.
- Experience in all phases of development from concept to release and live service support.
- Successful track record of shipping games.
- Experience managing and creating budgets and personnel plans.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience managing, mitigating, and resolving risks.
- Ability to identify and implement logical, creative approaches to problem-solving.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to focus on priorities, work on multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on technical, business and creative topics, with all development disciplines and stakeholders.
- Ability to give concise and clear directions.
- Confident public speaker able to handle executive reviews and partner meetings, fan and press interactions, and team meetings.
- 5+ years of experience in internal and external game development.
- Experience with AAA console and PC games.
- Experience building and managing relationships with external resources – contractors, outsourcing firms, hardware manufacturers, localization people, etc.
- Experience with and expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and/or other task tracking software, or demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly and efficiently. Ability to train others in the use of these tools.
- Experience with various project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Waterfall)
- Experience with long-tail projects and ongoing player engagement and monetization.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for “immersive simulation” games like Underworld, System Shock, Thief and Deus Ex.
- Understanding and knowledge of the game industry and medium from an historical perspective, as it is today and with defensible opinions about where it might go tomorrow.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the position, send a cover letter and resume to Warren Spector at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org