Aspyr Media is currently seeking a build/release engineer.
This is an opportunity to join an established team tasked with bringing AAA games to a wide variety of platforms including Mac, Windows, Mobile and Consoles. While our process is fundamentally porting, the technical challenges presented by bringing AAA games to new platforms are not that much different than the tasks of a systems engineer doing original development. We have mature technology to assist with this, but as per our roadmap there’s also plenty of scope for new talent to shape it.
The position of Build/Release engineer is an entry or associate level opening, presenting an opportunity to build games for several platforms and gain experience with our technology.
- Maintain working build and targets for each project/platform.
- Work with our IT department to maintain the build system (Jenkins based).
- Documenting build instructions and release notes.
- Generating, packaging and submitting release builds of each game to Steam, Mac App store, Google Play or for QA/external partners.
- Integrating proprietary marketing technologies into catalog and new games for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Porting our marketing technologies to new platforms.
- Prior experience in C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python
- Windows and Mac OSX desktop development experience.
- Version control, through solutions such as Perforce.
- Experience building applications in contemporary development environments for at least one of Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Consoles
- Prior experience managing builds/build servers.
- Experience with Jenkins
- Linux development experience
- Unreal Engine 3/4 or other very popular engine experience (we are not chained to any particular engine, but many of our titles deploy popular solutions so anything specific is a very nice checkbox).
- Prior game development experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org