Aspyr Media is an Austin TX based developer and publisher of AAA games for PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Xbox One and PS4.
We are looking for a game networking engineer capable of taking on full stack responsibilities, porting multiplayer clients from one system to another (for example Steam to GameCenter), developing server and multiplayer technologies as well as extending our launcher product with networking and multiplayer features.
This is not a web development role.
We are typically looking for capable engineers who are interested in working on a wide variety of challenges. Middleware, proprietary engines and amazing games – we get to play with them all. We have mature technology to assist with this, but as per our roadmap there’s also plenty of scope for new talent to shape it.
We offer the opportunity to work on amazing games while enjoying a work environment and stability that is far above the norm in the game industry.
- Currency in and an accumulation of actual hands on development experience in C++.
- Experience in developing networking technologies for games, both client and server side.
- Berkeley sockets API development experience.
- A passion for quality.
- Ability to work with large and potentially unfamiliar codebases without running for the hills.
- Relevant server side languages and environments.
- Familiarity with as much middleware and third party solutions (incl. open source) as possible. As mentioned above – we work with it all.
- Console, Mac, iOS or Android experience.
Nice to have:
- Unreal Engine 3, 4 or other very popular engine experience.
- Linux development experience.
- Experience working with GameCenter, SteamWorks, PSN, Xbox Live etc
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org