IGDA-Austin needs your help in 2015!
Mark your calendars! On Monday, January 12th at Mr. Tramps, IGDA-Austin will be presenting its plans for 2015 at the first ever “Volunteer Muster.”
What is a “Volunteer Muster?” Glad you asked!
IGDA-Austin has some GREAT events lined up for the year – including a Career Catalyst job fair (get a job or level up the one you have), SXSW Gaming Expo (see the latest and greatest from Austin-based developers), and the Summer Picnic Bash (hang out with your industry peeps). We need your help! If you want to be part of the team, then we want you on board!
Building a community takes a community, and we need passionate team members who can provide their expertise, time, and energy to make our community really thrive.
We’re looking for leaders and doers for all of the following:
• Career Catalyst 2 (Feb 7)
• SXSW Gaming Expo (March 13-15) – Showcase Austin Indies, Booth Set Up, & Swag Coordination
• Summer Picnic (Summer) – If YOU want this to happen, then show up!
• Monthly Speaker Series – Speakers, Panels, Topics & Hosts
• Showcase Austin (Quarterly) – People to coordinate a showcase of indie games/products
Aside the events, there are plenty of other ways that you can help the team, including:
• Coordinating with colleges
• Website content
• Social media help
• Fundraising efforts
• And general ALL-HANDS!
Getting involved with IGDA-Austin is a great way to support the Austin gaming ecosystem while getting to know students, indie developers, and the leadership of major studios – so if you would like to be a part of the team that’s going to make it happen in 2015, then …
We’ll see YOU at the IGDA-Austin “Volunteer Muster” on Monday January 12th!